ARD and IEP Help
Success in Public School, even with Learning Disabilities or Special Needs
Federal and state education laws protect children with Learning Disabilities and Special Needs. These laws provide for legally protected 504 or ARD meetings, in which families and school staff meet to build appropriate educational plans.
A Special Education Advocate can help you with your child's ARD or 504 Meeting
Gabriella Mackin of Educere helps parents meet with school counselors, and members of the schools' special education staffs in ARD and 504 meetings, where parents and schools negotiate and write appropriate plans for each student according to the laws. Gabriella Mackin is not a lawyer, but her knowledge of education law is only surpassed by her passion to see that all children receive the proper accommodations to allow them the best opportunity for success. She herself is the parent of children with learning disabilities, two children with ADD/ADHD, and a child who is deaf and medically fragile. She helps her own and other families secure appropriate educational services from school districts.
SOME DIAGNOSES THAT WE WORK WITH ARE:
- Hearing Impairment
- Medically Fragile
- Bipolar Disorder
GABRIELLA MACKIN AND EDUCERE'S SPECIAL EDUCATION RIGHTS ADVOCACY HELP WITH:
- Referrals to psychologists for initial/ongoing educational diagnosis.
- Assistance in preparing specific goals, strategies, and accommodations for the child (IEP’s or 504 plans).
- Coaching students and parents on compensating skills that help minimize the impact of ADD/ADHD on academic success.
- Ongoing one-on-one tutoring to help the student stay on top of his/her classes, and work with tutors who have experience with ADHD/ADD
- Developing strategies to ensure the school district personnel (teachers, aides, etc) have the qualifications they are legally required to have.
- Assistance with Due Process hearings, and 504 complaints.
One student per tutor.
No separate diagnostic exam. It is part of the tutoring.
We tutor Special Needs and Advanced Placement Students.
No contract to sign. No lessons to buy in advance.
Memorial Drive area Spring Branch 77055 Katy Freeway area
9039 Katy Freeway, Suite 302