Special Education Advocate
A SPECIAL EDUCATION RIGHTS ADVOCATE CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR CHILD'S ARD MEETING
Gabriella Mackin of Educere helps parents meet with school counselors, and members of the schools' special education staffs in ARD meetings, where parents and schools negotiate and write appropriate IEP plans for each student according to the laws. Gabriella Mackin’s knowledge of education law is only surpassed by her passion to see that all children receive the proper accommodations to allow them the best opportunity for success. She herself is the parent of children with learning disabilities, two children with ADD/ADHD, and a child who is deaf and medically fragile. She helps her own and other families secure appropriate educational services from school districts.
SOME DIAGNOSES THAT WE WORK WITH ARE:
- Referrals to psychologists for initial/ongoing educational diagnosis.
- Assistance in preparing specific goals, strategies, and accommodations for the child (IEP’s or 504 plans).
- Attending ARD or 504 meetings with school personnel to put an IEP or 504 plan into place.
- Coaching students and parents on compensating skills that help minimize the impact of ADD/ADHD on academic success.
- Ongoing one-on-one tutoring to help the student stay on top of his/her classes, and work with tutors who have experience with ADHD/ADD
- Developing strategies to ensure the school district personnel (teachers, aides, etc) have the qualifications they are legally required to have.
- Assistance with Due Process hearings, and 504 complaints.
Ask Gabriella to call and discuss your situation. Click here.
(Gabriella Mackin is not an attorney).